Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: Fixing Crisis Dreams Layout ^-^

  1. #1
    Inactive Member Psycho-Chibi's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 30th, 2002
    Posts
    12
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Someone has probably already enlightened the almight Crisis-sama on how to fix her layout, but I thought I'd put my two cents in anyway ^^ It's the thought that counts after all.

    You asked how to get rid of the line in the pretty lady's midsection ^-^ I know how frustrating it is because I had that problem for ages myself. I had a look at your source code, and the problem is in how you've laid the table.

    See, you've done it so that the two pictures are in different cells. ^^;; wow I **** at explaining. Let me try this again.

    Okay, the top picture. let's call it "pic1". The bottom is "pic2". You've set it out so that it reads (at the VERY root, that is)

    {table}{tr}{td}pic1{/td}{/tr}{tr}{td}pic2{/td}{/tr}{/table}

    The problem with this is, when you seperate them in the cells, HTML dictates that there should be a break in between those two cells. So here's how to combat it:

    Instead of putting pic2 underneath pic1 using table commands, you just put it in the same cell. Make sure you say how big the cell is, using {td width="number of pixels"}. Then, after you've put {img src="pic1"}, put {img src="pic2"} directly after it, without a space. Because you've already said how big the cell should be, this will force pic2 to be placed *directly* underneath pic1.

    Am I making sense? Probably not ^^;; Um, feel free to ask me to explain what the heck I'm on about ^^;;

    And sorry if this is just repeating what someone else has told you ^^;;

  2. #2
    HB Forum Owner crisisdreams's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 21st, 2002
    Posts
    382
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    *squeeel* Brilliant! It works! (and I DID understand that too. ^^) Thank you thank you 100 times. Now I don't have to worry about lines going through people's midsections anymore~!
    (And I can also use this for other layouts I do as well...no wonder my Rei layout had a white line going through Rei's...er...midsection too. >o< )

    - Crisis

  3. #3
    Inactive Member Psycho-Chibi's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 30th, 2002
    Posts
    12
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    ^_______________^ Glad I could help.

    You know, I don't think I actually mentioned that I really like the layout ^-^" it's very pretty. *applause*

  4. #4
    Inactive Member Mizuki's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 10th, 2002
    Posts
    13
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    You can always use iFrames for where you put the text ^^=

  5. #5
    Inactive Member Wiggle's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 6th, 2002
    Posts
    22
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Iframes only work for IE; they are non-standard HTML. While they're a nice idea and helpful, they really screw with Netscape.


    I use Netscape 6.2 on a Mac iBook and have hardly ever had a problem with sakura-crisis.net's layouts! Thank you thank you for that!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •